Our #1 Social Media Tip? Talk Like a Human
We don’t mean to be glib about it, but it’s worth asking ourselves: Are we still trying to sell to and connect with actual human beings?
So much of the world is automated anymore, but if we’re looking to connect with human beings, then maybe we should look at communicating in a way that is relatable to actual people.
If you pay attention and look around you’ll notice that we don’t communicate with each other, as human beings, the way that we advertise at each other. At least, not in the relationships that we truly appreciate.
And so, our #1 social media tip is pretty obvious: talk like a human being talks.
How much would we appreciate someone who chose to constantly boast, brag, shame, nag, blame, scare, compete & compare? We don’t want to be around people who are communicating that way, but if you look at so many marketing messages, that seems to be the essence of most of their communication! What makes us think that people will be attracted to that?
What can we do about it? For starters, try becoming more aware of how we communicate and what we appreciate about the communication from the people that we feel closest to, and then begin integrating that into the messaging you use to represent your business.
In other words, if you want to connect with humans and sell your stuff to humans …
Try talking like a human.
Want some help with building your business by creating deeper relationships using social media marketing?
Join our online coaching and collaboration service, My REAL Success Pass. You’ll get to participate in regular live calls with Kevin and access hours of previously recorded coaching sessions to help you with this kind of thing, including:
- Find More Ideal Clients – Four Simple Steps To Making More Sales
- Get To The Point! The 4 Elements of an Irresistible Offer
- How To Create 5 Kinds of Online Content With 1 Conversation
- Five Tips For Creating Social Media Posts | What Do I Say? Vol. 1
- Five Questions For Creating Great Content – What Do I Say? Vol. 2
- Make Your Ads More Effective – What Do I Say? Vol. 3
- Tell Us WHY! – What Do I Say? Vol. 4
- Five Tips For Connecting With Customers – What Do I Say? Vol. 5