Want to know how to make social media more effective?
For starters, see if you’re even speaking in the same “language” of your potential customers.
We’re all guilty, to some extent, of burying our essential message inside what I call “industry jargon.” Listen and watch for it and you’ll see that almost all of us do it.
Almost every industry (and the people inside those industries) has a certain way of speaking, a way of referring to very specific procedures, products, terms, conditions that are directly related to those industries. It’s how we talk inside our circles of those kinds of businesses, but it’s not how the people that we’re trying to reach talk. They don’t use that same language. We’re trying to connect with them using our own industry jargon.
If we want to know how to make social media more effective for us, we’ve got to bridge that gap between the “industry jargon” we so often use and the way that human beings actually talk.
Think of it this way: If you were trying to connect with someone who spoke French, would you do your ad and your social posts in English?
Have a look to make sure that you’re not speaking an entirely different language than the people you’re trying to reach.
Want to learn how to build business by created deeper relationships using social media marketing?
Join our online coaching and collaboration service, My REAL Success Pass. You’ll get to participate in regular live calls with Kevin and access hours of previously recorded coaching sessions to help you with this kind of thing, including:
- Find More Ideal Clients – Four Simple Steps To Making More Sales
- Get To The Point! The 4 Elements of an Irresistible Offer
- How To Create 5 Kinds of Online Content With 1 Conversation
- Five Tips For Creating Social Media Posts | What Do I Say? Vol. 1
- Five Questions For Creating Great Content – What Do I Say? Vol. 2
- Make Your Ads More Effective – What Do I Say? Vol. 3
- Tell Us WHY! – What Do I Say? Vol. 4
- Five Tips For Connecting With Customers – What Do I Say? Vol. 5