Looking for a “good marketing gimmick?”
Here’s our feeling on that:
We would be careful with how many gimmicks we try to use to get a “pop” in sales and expecting something like that to last.
There’s a difference between a “gimmick” and a “promotion.” And a couple of promotions each year are probably a good idea.
A promotion could be something that’s tied to the values of your business. For instance, it could be a community initiative that is important to you that comes around every year, or the celebration of an anniversary; something like that.
Whereas trying to create and come up with a “gimmick” to grow your business and trying to sustain your marketing that way is kind of like trying to remember what lie you told last. It’s not a good long-term strategy. It isn’t sustainable.
Having said that, you might be able to have a lot of fun with something sort of “gimmicky” as part of an annual promotion. Have you seen any good examples of that? If so, please share in the comments below and/or share in our online community, The Turtle Crew, where you can connect and collaborate with other heart-centered entrepreneurs.
Want help with your social media marketing?
Join our online coaching and collaboration service, My REAL Success Pass. We have several recorded coaching sessions available to help you with this kind of thing, including:
- Get To The Point! The 4 Elements of an Irresistible Offer
- How To Create Your Brand Story, Pt. 1 – The Power of Words
- How To Create Your Brand Story, Pt. 2 – The Look & Feel
- Five Tips For Creating Social Media Posts | What Do I Say? Vol. 1
- Five Questions For Creating Great Content – What Do I Say? Vol. 2
- Make Your Ads More Effective – What Do I Say? Vol. 3
- Tell Us WHY! – What Do I Say? Vol. 4
- Three Keys To Creating a Magnetic Brand Identity
- Which Social Media Channels Should You Use?
To learn more and sign up, click here.